As 2015 counts down its final hours, it’s natural to take some time to think back on the year. This year was pretty incredible for us. We got married, and while we were at it, threw a big party for our friends and family. Most of 2015 was spent preparing for that big day, but we were very happy to be able to plan a wedding our way and celebrate the way we wanted to.
Other 2015 highlights:
- We Traveled to Boulder, CO for a dear friend’s wedding. The first time in Colorado for both of us.
- We attended a family reunion for my dad’s side of the family in Eureka, California. It was so great seeing family I hadn’t seen in years! We took a road trip down the coast with my parents and enjoyed putting our feet in the Pacific Ocean.
- I started a new job in December of 2014, so this year I spent learning a TON about digital marketing, design, and Local SEO.
- I flew on a trapeze! For my bachelorette party, my maid of honor and bridesmaids organized a group of us to fly at Emerald City Trapeze.
- Jake hit the big 3-0 and had his first surprise party.
- We celebrated our 4th year together!
- Snaps, Scribbles, and Suitcases launched and has started taking off.
While this blog really started as a place to share our journey with friends and family, I’ve also taken it to serve as a way to connect with other travelers and travel bloggers. The travel community is pretty spectacular.
Between sharing Jake’s stories of fact and fiction and my ramblings or travel advice, our blog has slowly taken shape and started to become something we are both proud of. We’re not looking to monetize our blog yet, so for now it’s all about writing what we are passionate about and looking to share our journey to become long-term travelers as well we planning what’s next for us in life. So, while I’m not optimizing every post on our website for search engines, if you search “When are we leaving” in Google, we’re on the first page! Now, I have no idea what people are looking for when searching for that, but still, it’s a fun experiment!
I’ve also been working to grow our Instagram account as it’s really a powerful tool to connect with other travelers…and I like pictures. I’ve been posting photos from my previous travels in addition to real-time photos. It’s been really fun revisiting my 24 year old self in Europe!
Below are our top 9 most liked posts from 2015.
If you’re an Instagramer, be sure to follow us in real-time: @Snapsscribblesandsuitcases
We’re very excited to see what 2016 brings. Even though it’s a planning year for us, I know that we will find ways to fill it with adventures as well.
What are your top wins for 2015? What’s next for you in 2016? Tell us below!