Looking at this as possibly our last Seattle summer for awhile, we really want to make sure we take advantage of the best Summer activities!
Some things that come to mind:
- Walk around Green Lake – should be an easy one and it’s really not season dependent, but we’ve been missing this and just need to make it happen!
- Try standup paddle boarding! This has been on my list for YEARS! Not that you can’t do this anywhere, so this is more like a “summer to do” than a “must be in Seattle to do”- but it still makes the list.
- Catch an outdoor movie (check!) We saw the Princess Bride at the Seattle Center!
- Make it to a Sounders game! It was much easier when I was a season ticket holder for our local soccer team, but this year it’s been difficult to catch a game with other conflicting activities.
- At least one more Seattle Mariners game. My pops and I go at least once a year, and we’ve checked that one off. Yay! But I’d like to make it to at least one more game. Of course our M’s aren’t having the best
decadeseason, but it’s still always fun to cheer them on and definitely a truly Seattle Summer activity.
- Golden Gardens hang out. Golden Gardens is a beach near where I grew up. It’s one of those places where you can spend long summer days walking in the sand, playing beach volleyball, having a barbecue with friends and hiking in the woods as you count the train cars speed by the waterfront.
- Camping.. sort of. As Jake and I put a bunch of our camping stuff in storage and don’t own a car, we don’t really get to camp much. But my folks own some great property about an hour and a half north of Seattle. They’re currenlty in the building process of a new home, so it’s sort of like camping! We’re looking forward to getting out of town and actually seeing the stars outside of the city.
It’s true, that we WILL be back to Seattle someday, but somehow thinking of this as our last summer is making me nostalgic for summers past and wanting to make the absolute most of the time we have here.
And at the same time, I can’t wait for fall! That’s normal though, right? Because Fall is absolutely the best time of year!
What are your favorite Seattle or just Summer activities?